According to a report by Todofichajes, Manchester City are thinking about signing Joao Felix from Atletico Madrid.
City are ready to put an amount close to €130 million on the table to buy the the Portuguese international.
Joao Felix has been a sensation since his arrival on the European stage with Benfica.
Atletico Madrid also rejected an offer close to €150 million from a Premier League club earlier this season.
Man City are facing a striker crisis in Present times.
Both Sergio Aguero and Gabriel Jesus are currently sidelined. The club are without a specialist striker at the moment. Wingers Raheem Sterling and Ferran Torres are being forced to lead the line.
Aguero’s contract situation also needs to be addressed before a decision is made.
The Argentine International’s contract ends in the summer of 2021. Pep Guardiola also said that Aguero’s physical condition would be a big factor before making a decision regarding contract extension.
These are some of the reasons why Man City are making a striker shortlist for the next transfer windows.
If he arrives, Joao Felix would be comforted by the Portuguese presence in Man City.
Joao Felix is valued at €80 million by Transfermarket. But, he is expected to cost more than that.
- City overtake Arsenal as bookmaker’s favorite for Houssem Aouar
- Stats shine light on John Stones’s impressive comeback against Olympiakos
- Olympiakos manager praises Ederson – He has great qualities
- Olympiakos manager confident of upsetting Man City
- City receive transfer boost as Isco would like to try another league
- Guardiola slams City’s grueling schedule – ‘Every season is a disadvantage’
- Pep Guardiola : I have a feeling we will do really well in UCL this season
- City were all set to complete a move for Frenkie De Jong before Barcelona came calling
- Pundit claims City’s move for Grealish would be a “kick in the teeth” for Phil Foden
- City are set to offer Lionel Messi MLS transfer and ambassadorial role as part of 10-year plan