According to a report by Todofichajes, Manchester City are thinking about signing Joao Felix from Atletico Madrid.
City are ready to put an amount close to €130 million on the table to buy the the Portuguese international.
Joao Felix has been a sensation since his arrival on the European stage with Benfica.
Atletico Madrid also rejected an offer close to €150 million from a Premier League club earlier this season.
Man City are facing a striker crisis in Present times.
Both Sergio Aguero and Gabriel Jesus are currently sidelined. The club are without a specialist striker at the moment. Wingers Raheem Sterling and Ferran Torres are being forced to lead the line.
Aguero’s contract situation also needs to be addressed before a decision is made.
The Argentine International’s contract ends in the summer of 2021. Pep Guardiola also said that Aguero’s physical condition would be a big factor before making a decision regarding contract extension.
These are some of the reasons why Man City are making a striker shortlist for the next transfer windows.
If he arrives, Joao Felix would be comforted by the Portuguese presence in Man City.
Joao Felix is valued at €80 million by Transfermarket. But, he is expected to cost more than that.
- Three Manchester City misfits heading towards summer exits
- Manchester City Transfer News Latest – Kalvin Phillips IN; Jesus & Sterling OUT
- Manchester City Transfer News Latest – Guardiola Targeting Two Premier League Defenders
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Wanda Metropolitano Tensions to Keep Manchester City on Their Toes Ahead of FA Cup weekend