Manchester City are very relaxed about star striker Sergio Aguero’s future at the club.
This has been revealed by Talksport’s transfer expert Alex Crook.
Talking about this, he said:
“I wonder if we could be seeing Sergio Aguero’s time at Manchester City coming to an end?“
“It’s a really interesting one given Aguero could make a case for being City’s greatest ever Premier League player”.
“He’s out of contract at the end of the season and has so far not put pen to paper on a new deal. I’m told City are fairly relaxed about the situation”.
“But if we get to January without an agreement in place, Aguero would be free to speak with foreign clubs”.
“He’s 33 in June, he’s spoken in the past about wanting to end his career back in Argentina. MLS could be a possibility as well.”
Sergio Aguero is in the last year of his contract at Man City. Though there have been talks of an extended stay, no talks have been started.
There is doubt among many regarding his stay at the club. Due to his years of service to the club, Man City are ready to honor whatever decision the Argentine makes.
Though, there is much being made of Aguero’s fitness issues. He has not been available to City for some time now and looks unfit.
Club manager Pep Guardiola, who is also in the last year of his contract, did accept that Aguero’s fitness would play a big part in any discussion about his future.
Sergio Aguero is Manchester City’s all time leading goal scorer with 255 goals.
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- How Manchester City will fare in the 2023-24 Champions League
- Manchester City enquire about Florian Wirtz after Kevin de Bruyne injury
- Man City in July: Three pre-season friendlies as Guardiola looks to build on their success last term
- Will Erling Haaland stay long enough to beat Sergio Aguero’s record at Man City?