Report have emerged this morning that City are set to win the race to sign Parma midfielder McDonald Mariga.
The blues look like they have beat competition from Jose Mourinho’s Inter Milan to sign the highly rated Kenyan before Monday’s 5pm transfer deadline.
City have agreed terms with Parma for the midfielder, which is a £7m payment and player exchange with Bulgarian striker Valeri Bojinov making his loan move to the Italian side permanent.
Mariga helped Parma to promotion from Serie B last season and is considered one of the best young African players.
The blues are also hoping to sign Middlesbrough’s highly rated winger Adam Johnson before the transfer window slams shut. The winger has reportedly told Boro he wants to speak to City about a possible move and the blues have tabled an offer in the region of £5m.
However Boro are looking to get around double that amount but may decide to sell the youngster as Johnson is out of contract in the summer and could leave on a free transfer.
City’s interest in Johnson has apparently prompted Barcelona to consider making a bid for City’s home grown Shaun Wright-Phillips. The little winger returned to the blues in 2008 after a spell with Chelsea but the blues would risk the wrath of the supporters should they decide to sell SWP again.
- Wanda Metropolitano Tensions to Keep Manchester City on Their Toes Ahead of FA Cup weekend
- Manchester City April 2022 Preview: Liverpool doubleheader & UCL quarter-finals highlighting high-octane month
- Pep Guardiola Deems Everton Win ‘Important’ as Man City Survive VAR Drama
- Manchester City vs Brentford: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Southampton vs Manchester City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups