Manchester City are moving forward with their plan to renew the contract of striker Gabriel Jesus.
Speaking on his podcast Here We Go, Italian transfer mogul Fabrizio Romano suggested that The Etihad club are convinced that Jesus is the future.
The decision to renew his contract is also influenced by the uncertain nature of Jesus’s future. The Brazilian striker has always been subject to skepticism at The Etihad. This uncertainty has given rise to transfer rumors which Man City are presently not comfortable with.
Romano also revealed that Italian champions Juventus were interested in Jesus in the summer of 2019. Though, Man City convinced the striker to stay.
The decision to renew Jesus’s contract may also be influenced by Sergio Aguero’s potential departure. The Argentine Legend is in the last year of his contract. City would also to have Aguero present in the future but no talks of extension have been started yet.
Jesus has always been thought to be Aguero’s successor at Manchester City. If Aguero departs, Jesus would be the only striker at the club.
Gabriel Jesus has 2 more years left in his present contract.
- Manchester City vs Arsenal Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups
- Man City in December 2022: Key Fixtures & TV Schedule
- Manchester City Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Manchester City v Liverpool – Carabao Cup Fourth Round Draw – News & Predictions
- Man City must contend with Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea this season