City and Chelsea meet at Eastlands for the 13th time in the Premiership and the blues will be looking to record only their third ever win over the West London side in the Premier League.
City’s win at Eastlands last season was their first over Chelsea since October 2004 and stopped a run of eight consecutive defeats.
But in thirteen Premier League games played in Manchester, City have won just two as opposed to Chelsea’s ten. The Londoners also have a high scoring record at City, knocking in 20 past the blues while the Chelsea defence has been breached just eight times.
It was a different story in the old First Division though. From 48 games played, City won 25 to Chelsea’s 8, with the blues hitting 82 goals past Chelsea, conceding 51 in return.
City’s Home Record Over Chelsea
|Old First Division||48||25||15||8||82||51|
|Old Second Division||4||1||0||3||3||6|
|New First Division||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|New Second Division||0||0||0||0||0||0|
Rather Meaningless Facts
City have only won three games against Chelsea in 24 attempts.
Chelsea have won ten Premier League games at City.
Former City midfielder Gary Megson scored only his second ever goal for City against Chelsea in 1991.
Carlos Tevez has scored five goals in his last four games against Chelsea
Former City and Chelsea Players
Some of the most notable players who have appeared for both sides include Shaun Wright-Phillips, Nicolas Anelka, Wayne Bridge, Tal Ben-Haim. Anyone got any more?
- Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Three Manchester City misfits heading towards summer exits
- Manchester City Transfer News Latest – Kalvin Phillips IN; Jesus & Sterling OUT
- Manchester City Transfer News Latest – Guardiola Targeting Two Premier League Defenders
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups