The match has had a slow build up to it as the middle of Eastlands pitch looks in lamentable shape. City’s attacking intent has been lacking throughout much of the first half. This F.C. Kobenhavn side defeated Manchester United two years ago in the group stage of the Chapions League. Atiba Hutchinson, the Canadian international attacker for the Danish club has been failry active while City has maintained possession. The best scoring chance of the first half fell to Robinho early but the Kobenhavn keeper was true.
The half ended with a great combination play from Robinho and Bellamy but the post saved the Danish side partly due to a lack of pace on the strike.
City has demonstrated good possession play but a lack of sustained attacking intent much like the away from home losses to Stoke and Pompey in recent weeks. While Copenhagen only threatened once, City needs a goal early in the second half to prevent this tie from being too interesting in the final 30 minutes.
- How Manchester City will fare in the 2023-24 Champions League
- Manchester City enquire about Florian Wirtz after Kevin de Bruyne injury
- Man City in July: Three pre-season friendlies as Guardiola looks to build on their success last term
- Will Erling Haaland stay long enough to beat Sergio Aguero’s record at Man City?
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups