Manchester City have no intention of letting Arsenal move for defender John Stones.
According to the Metro, City boss Pep Guardiola remains a big admirer of Stones. He is not set to entertain any proposal of a move for the English defender.
Guardiola hopes that Stones has finally put his injury problems behind him, which has helped him to rediscover his best form in the heart of City’s defense so far this term.
Stones’s stunning return to form has put Manchester City on the track for a stellar season ahead. His presence means Guardiola has another face to turn to other than Laporte and Dias.
Stones has displaced Aymeric Laporte from City’s lineup since his return. He has helped the team earn 6 clean sheets in 6 games since his return.
Arsenal Boss Mikel Arteta is aware of Stones’s potential. Arteta, who was City’s assistant coach for 3 and half years, has identified Stones and Eric Garcia as potential defensive recruitments for January.
Arsenal want to take Stones on a loan in January with an option to make it permanent in the summer.
John Stones is also out of a contract next summer. City have not started any formal talks yet. Though, judging from his current performances, a new extension is all but guaranteed for the defender.
Pep Guardiola has a selection headache ahead of the Manchester Derby. He would have to make the difficult choice between Stones, Laporte and Dias for his center back pairing.
- Three Manchester City misfits heading towards summer exits
- Manchester City Transfer News Latest – Kalvin Phillips IN; Jesus & Sterling OUT
- Manchester City Transfer News Latest – Guardiola Targeting Two Premier League Defenders
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Wanda Metropolitano Tensions to Keep Manchester City on Their Toes Ahead of FA Cup weekend