Manchester City chiefs are monitoring RB Leipzig manager Julian Nagelsmann as a potential successor to Pep Guardiola.
According to The Daily Mail, Nagelsmann is on City’s radar in case Pep Guardiola decides not to renew his contract by the end of this season.
Guardiola’s contract with Man City ends in the summer of 2021.
City are happy to let Guardiola make his decision in peace, but they want to prepared in case the Spaniard decides to leave.
Though, Guardiola claims his uncertain future will not have an impact on performances, some members of the squad are left wondering who they will be playing under next season.
City still prefer to keep Guardiola beyond this season but doubts are beginning to emerge over whether the Spaniard is keen to stick around any longer.
With time ticking away faster than anyone can comprehend, nobody in the City Football Academy offices is any the wiser to whether Guardiola will be in charge next summer.
The rumored shortlist for Guardiola’s replacement contains Nagelsmann and former Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino.
Man City have seen Mauricio Pochettino firsthand in their many games against Tottenham in the Premier League. The Argentine’s impressive style of football at the North London club have seen him linked to Real Madrid, Man City, Juventus and Man United.
Manchester United are also keeping tabs on Mauricio Pochettino as a potential replacement to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
Similarly, Man City have played against Naglesmann’s Leipzig in the Uefa Champions League. His attractive style of football has turned heads in the Bundesliga and the rest of Europe too.
Manchester will get a close glimpse of Naglesmann’s way of football this week when RB Leipzig come to town to play against Manchester United in the Champions League.
- Olympiakos manager praises Ederson – He has great qualities
- Olympiakos manager confident of upsetting Man City
- City receive transfer boost as Isco would like to try another league
- Guardiola slams City’s grueling schedule – ‘Every season is a disadvantage’
- Pep Guardiola : I have a feeling we will do really well in UCL this season
- City were all set to complete a move for Frenkie De Jong before Barcelona came calling
- Pundit claims City’s move for Grealish would be a “kick in the teeth” for Phil Foden
- City are set to offer Lionel Messi MLS transfer and ambassadorial role as part of 10-year plan
- Nathan Ake to return to training by the end of the week
- Eric Garcia to be the priority for Barcelona in the January transfer window – overtakes Memphis Depay for the top spot