Robinho had a frustrating 2008-09 season at Man City. Despite finishing near the top of the Premier League goal scoring table, his play seemed uneven and at times he looked disinterested. But this Summer’s FIFA Confederations Cup has provided Robinho who has had a hand in four Brazilian goals sweet redemption on the world stage. While fellow Man City star Elano has found himself off the pitch after an unvene first game against Egypt, Robinho excelled against both the USA and Italy in consecutive 3-0 Brazil wins.
Next Robinho and Brazil face host South Africa in the semifinals with the opportunity to face Spain, the reigning Euro Champions in the final. Spain must get past the USA in the other semifinal.
- Sergio Aguero would be willing to apologise to Sian Massey-Ellis
- Angelino opens up on his struggles at Manchester City
- One for the Future – Man City on the verge of signing highly rated Serbian winger
- ‘We’ll see what the player wants’ – Aguero’s agent provides update on the striker’s future
- Fabrizio Romano: Man City monitoring €50 million valued Spanish center back
- Pep Guardiola confirms Fernandinho will be out for ‘a long time’ with injury
- Pep hopes to convince €20 million rated defender into staying
- Guardiola takes responsibility for Man City’s European woes
- Man City Roundup: Koulibaly bid revealed, Zabaleta could return in non-playing role
- Bernardo Silva predicts tighter title race this season