Robinho had a frustrating 2008-09 season at Man City. Despite finishing near the top of the Premier League goal scoring table, his play seemed uneven and at times he looked disinterested. But this Summer’s FIFA Confederations Cup has provided Robinho who has had a hand in four Brazilian goals sweet redemption on the world stage. While fellow Man City star Elano has found himself off the pitch after an unvene first game against Egypt, Robinho excelled against both the USA and Italy in consecutive 3-0 Brazil wins.
Next Robinho and Brazil face host South Africa in the semifinals with the opportunity to face Spain, the reigning Euro Champions in the final. Spain must get past the USA in the other semifinal.
- ‘Are you ready Mbappe?’ – Phil Foden sends risky tweet
- Guardiola lauds his side for ‘building history’ after City beat Dortmund
- Manchester City to have 2000 fans at Carabao Cup final
- Guardiola defends his team selection after shock defeat
- Guardiola happy for Aguero to stay in England
- BT Sport pundits discuss Haaland’s potential move to Manchester City next season
- Kevin De Bruyne signs new contract until 2025
- Pep Guardiola defends official after bizarre Haaland incident
- Man City to go all out to seal place in semi-final in return leg warns Pep Guardiola
- Guardiola praises ‘exceptional’ Haaland ahead of Dortmund clash