And beat Spurs tonight.
Spurs can close the gap on the blues to just one point with a derby win over Arsenal tonight but the Gunners have an extra incentive to beat their North London rivals.
Should Arsenal win tonight, they will move into second in the league, pushing United into third but also keeping the gap between City and Spurs at four points.
And should City beat United on Saturday it could potentially mean a seven point cushion for the blues in the race for fourth while virtually ending United’s hope of winning the league.
Chelsea play Spurs on Saturday before City’s fourth place rivals travel to Old Trafford a week later, while a home game against Bolton is sandwiched in between a return to Manchester to face the blues. Hopefully by that stage, City will have fourth place wrapped up.
But at this stage of the season, anything can happen and all City have to do is get results from every game. We have got ourselves into fourth. It is up to us to keep it.
- ‘We’ll see what the player wants’ – Aguero’s agent provides update on the striker’s future
- Fabrizio Romano: Man City monitoring €50 million valued Spanish center back
- Pep Guardiola confirms Fernandinho will be out for ‘a long time’ with injury
- Pep hopes to convince €20 million rated defender into staying
- Guardiola takes responsibility for Man City’s European woes
- Man City Roundup: Koulibaly bid revealed, Zabaleta could return in non-playing role
- Bernardo Silva predicts tighter title race this season
- Pep Guardiola reacts to Sergio Aguero’s conduct involving match official against Arsenal
- Barcelona plotting January raid on Manchester City
- Manchester City could make a move for Lionel Messi in January