And beat Spurs tonight.
Spurs can close the gap on the blues to just one point with a derby win over Arsenal tonight but the Gunners have an extra incentive to beat their North London rivals.
Should Arsenal win tonight, they will move into second in the league, pushing United into third but also keeping the gap between City and Spurs at four points.
And should City beat United on Saturday it could potentially mean a seven point cushion for the blues in the race for fourth while virtually ending United’s hope of winning the league.
Chelsea play Spurs on Saturday before City’s fourth place rivals travel to Old Trafford a week later, while a home game against Bolton is sandwiched in between a return to Manchester to face the blues. Hopefully by that stage, City will have fourth place wrapped up.
But at this stage of the season, anything can happen and all City have to do is get results from every game. We have got ourselves into fourth. It is up to us to keep it.
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- How Manchester City will fare in the 2023-24 Champions League
- Manchester City enquire about Florian Wirtz after Kevin de Bruyne injury
- Man City in July: Three pre-season friendlies as Guardiola looks to build on their success last term
- Will Erling Haaland stay long enough to beat Sergio Aguero’s record at Man City?