Zlatan Ibrahimovich has revealed that he had an opportunity to join City but opted for AC Milan because he wants to win prizes.
The Swedish international had an apparently miserable first season at Barcelona and was rumoured to be joining City on several occasions before putting pen to paper on a loan deal at the San Siro.
City have spent millions improving the team, signing class players such as Yaya Toure, David Silva and James Milner to name a few, but Ibrahimovich was supposedly high on Mancini’s target list. But the Swede claims that City have to fight United, Arsenal and Chelsea to win anything. “Teams that took years to build,” claims Ibrahimovich. “City are a side for the future but Milan are a team that can win prizes now. City can wait for the future but I can’t,” continued the 29 year old striker.
I’m not sure what anyone else makes of his comments, but what I can deduce is that he thinks Serie A is going to be easy. Basically, he’s another lazy player who isn’t prepared to work hard to make sure his teams win and sees Milan as the easy option.
In addition, Mancini got fed up with waiting for the striker to commit and signed Balotelli instead.
Am I right or completely wrong on this? What do you think?
- Wanda Metropolitano Tensions to Keep Manchester City on Their Toes Ahead of FA Cup weekend
- Manchester City April 2022 Preview: Liverpool doubleheader & UCL quarter-finals highlighting high-octane month
- Pep Guardiola Deems Everton Win ‘Important’ as Man City Survive VAR Drama
- Manchester City vs Brentford: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Southampton vs Manchester City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups