Sky Sports report representatives of Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzenko is in talks over a possible move to City.
The prolific marksman, who has scored 54 goals in 94 games, was linked to the blues last summer, but then manager Mark Hughes opted for Carlos Tevez, Emmanuel Adebayor and Roque Santa Cruz to boost his firepower.
Wolfsburg manager Steve McClaren was hoping to hold onto his star striker but has admitted the Bosnian has a clause in his contract that will allow Dzenko to leave for a set amount prior to 1st June. But it now appears that McClaren’s hopes will be dashed by City’s move for the player.
Dzenko is a powerful, 6’2” striker and will be seen as the perfect strike partner to Carlos Tevez and his aerial ability will be called into practice with Adam Johnson and possibly Shaun Wright-Phillips along City’s wings.
If the Bosnian signs, it could spell the end of the City’s careers for either one of Santa Cruz, Adebayor or Bellamy, with the latter rumoured to be interested in dropping down a division to join Cardiff.
What do you think? Is Dzenko the right man to partner Carlos?
- Wanda Metropolitano Tensions to Keep Manchester City on Their Toes Ahead of FA Cup weekend
- Manchester City April 2022 Preview: Liverpool doubleheader & UCL quarter-finals highlighting high-octane month
- Pep Guardiola Deems Everton Win ‘Important’ as Man City Survive VAR Drama
- Manchester City vs Brentford: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Southampton vs Manchester City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups