The FIFA Confederations Cup begins Sunday and Man City heroes Robinho and Elano will be among the key players to watch. Brazil having been transformed into a more tactical and defensive minded side under Dunga lead COMNEBOL qualifying and now put their impressive record on display against some of the world’s best.
Brazil has been drawn into Group B with Egypt, the United States and Italy. The Brazilians will be favored against Egypt who will be without Zaki, and will overwhelming favorites against the United States who have struggled away from home for the better part of six years. But it is the match-up versus Marcello Lippi and Italy that bears watching. That final group game will be broadcast in the UK i on BBC 3 a week from today.
Should Brazil advance to the final a date with Spain, the current world #1 could await. We’ll track Elano and Robinho’s progress throughout the tournament.
- ‘Are you ready Mbappe?’ – Phil Foden sends risky tweet
- Guardiola lauds his side for ‘building history’ after City beat Dortmund
- Manchester City to have 2000 fans at Carabao Cup final
- Guardiola defends his team selection after shock defeat
- Guardiola happy for Aguero to stay in England
- BT Sport pundits discuss Haaland’s potential move to Manchester City next season
- Kevin De Bruyne signs new contract until 2025
- Pep Guardiola defends official after bizarre Haaland incident
- Man City to go all out to seal place in semi-final in return leg warns Pep Guardiola
- Guardiola praises ‘exceptional’ Haaland ahead of Dortmund clash