Manchester City defender Eric Garcia will be the top priority for Spanish giants Barcelona during the January transfer window.
According to Goal, Eric Garcia has overtaken Lyon attacker Memphis Depay as Barcelona’s top priority.
The injury to senior center back Gerard Pique has left Barcelona in crisis mode. Pique’s cruciate knee ligament injury has him facing up to the prospect of months on the sidelines. There is no set time frame for his return.
That is why Barcelona are ready to change their priorities for the January window.
Barcelona were interested in Eric Garcia in the summer transfer window too. Though, their move for the Spaniard was thwarted by City’s refusal to sell him below their evaluation.
Eric Garcia’s contract expires in the summer. Barcelona were ready to wait till next year to negotiate with him as a free agent. But, Pique’s injury has changed their plans.
Money remains the stumbling block for Barca. The Catalans are facing bankruptcy and working on a plan to cut their wage bill. They will have to sell before making a purchase.
- Match Review: West Bromwich Albion 0-5 Manchester City
- Match Review: Cheltenham 1-3 Manchester City
- Match Preview: Cheltenham vs Manchester City
- Kevin De Bruyne ruled out for six weeks with hamstring injury
- Match Review: Manchester City 2-0 Aston Villa
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Aston Villa
- Pep Guardiola has insisted Manchester City will NOT make any January signings
- Match Review: Manchester City 4-0 Crystal Palace
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
- Match Review: Manchester City 1-0 Brighton Hove Albion