Everton boss David Moyes and his old mucker Phil Neville have launched another attack on City, with Moyes claiming that the players do not know what it means to play for the club while Neville claims we need continuity, just like Everton.
Speaking ahead of tonight’s game between the two at Eastlands, Moyes risked the wrath of the City fans by saying the clubs stars do not ‘have their hearts attached to the club.’
“City have bought players who have got undoubted talent,” admits the Everton boss before adding “Given time they might have a team like Everton.”
The two clubs were embroiled in a bitter summer battle over England defender Joleon Lescott, who eventually moved to Eastlands and City’s pursuit of the defender was labelled ‘disgusting’ by Moyes.
Meanwhile United reject Phil Neville says City need continuity, like they do at Goodison. “Continuity is our strength at Everton. The manager has brought in players over a four-year period, not overnight, and he has got a nucleus of English players sprinkled with foreign talent.”
Tim Howard, Steven Piennar, Louis Saha, Mikel Arteta, Sylvain Distin, Johnny Heitinga, Ayegbeni Yakubu, Victor Anichebe, Diniyar Bilyaletdinov and Tim Cahill are all foreign but all featured in Saturday’s game against Bolton.
So much for an English nucleus.
- Preview: Copenhagen vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Huddersfield Town –Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Club World Cup final: Manchester City vs Fluminense Preview, Prediction & Team News
- Preview: Urawa Red Diamonds vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups