A derby that needs no introduction. Manchester city will face Manchester united at the Old Trafford this weekend. Manchester city currently sit 7th on the table with 16 points whereas United are a position and a point above City.
Here’s everything you need to know before tomorrow’s clash .
Team news :
Pep Guardiola has confirmed that Sergio Aguero will not start against United. Ilkay Gundogan remains a doubt for this fixture and Eric Garcia is out injured for 2-3 weeks. Rodri has returned to training and is in contention to play.
For Manchester united, Fred and Anthony Martial are available for selection. Edinson Cavani is doubtful for tomorrow. Luke Shaw is in contention to start the game .
Head to Head:
This is the first Manchester derby of the season.
United wins : 76
Draw : 52
City wins : 54
Form guide :
City have won their last two premier league games after their defeat to Tottenham. Manchester United are coming into this fixture on the back of 4 straight domestic wins after a shaky start to the season.
City’s last 5 games: WWLDW
United’s last 5 games: WWWWL
Match officials :
Referee: Chris Kavanagh, Assistants: Lee Betts, Constantine Hatzidakis. Fourth official: Craig Pawson, VAR: Paul Tierney, Assistant VAR: Ian Hussin.
- Match Review: West Bromwich Albion 0-5 Manchester City
- Match Review: Cheltenham 1-3 Manchester City
- Match Preview: Cheltenham vs Manchester City
- Kevin De Bruyne ruled out for six weeks with hamstring injury
- Match Review: Manchester City 2-0 Aston Villa
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Aston Villa
- Pep Guardiola has insisted Manchester City will NOT make any January signings
- Match Review: Manchester City 4-0 Crystal Palace
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
- Match Review: Manchester City 1-0 Brighton Hove Albion