Roberto Mancini could face a tough call ahead of the FA Cup Final against Stoke City.
The blues currently occupy fourth place in the league and if they stay there, City will qualify for the Champions League. However they are only three points ahead of Spurs and the Londoners have a game in hand that could put them level on points.
And four days before the Cup Final, the two teams clash at Eastlands, leaving Mancini with an unenviable task; choose a team to claim a Champions League spot but risk them being tired for Wembley or potentially sacrifice fourth place in pursuit of silverware?
Last Monday, Mancini left out key players such as Silva, Zabaleta, De Jong and Balotelli and were comprehensively beaten at Anfield and it was clear that his mind was more focussed on the United game than the league.
But will that be the case in May and would the fans accept it if Mancini did the same for the Spurs game but won the Cup? It would help matters if Spurs lost a couple of games and gave us a little breathing space. Hopefully Arsenal will do us a favour when the visit White Hart Lane on Wednesday.
Obviously we would like to both finish fourth and win the Cup, but if it had to be one or the other, which one would you prefer?
- Sergio Aguero would be willing to apologise to Sian Massey-Ellis
- Angelino opens up on his struggles at Manchester City
- One for the Future – Man City on the verge of signing highly rated Serbian winger
- ‘We’ll see what the player wants’ – Aguero’s agent provides update on the striker’s future
- Fabrizio Romano: Man City monitoring €50 million valued Spanish center back
- Pep Guardiola confirms Fernandinho will be out for ‘a long time’ with injury
- Pep hopes to convince €20 million rated defender into staying
- Guardiola takes responsibility for Man City’s European woes
- Man City Roundup: Koulibaly bid revealed, Zabaleta could return in non-playing role
- Bernardo Silva predicts tighter title race this season