Roberto Mancini could face a tough call ahead of the FA Cup Final against Stoke City.
The blues currently occupy fourth place in the league and if they stay there, City will qualify for the Champions League. However they are only three points ahead of Spurs and the Londoners have a game in hand that could put them level on points.
And four days before the Cup Final, the two teams clash at Eastlands, leaving Mancini with an unenviable task; choose a team to claim a Champions League spot but risk them being tired for Wembley or potentially sacrifice fourth place in pursuit of silverware?
Last Monday, Mancini left out key players such as Silva, Zabaleta, De Jong and Balotelli and were comprehensively beaten at Anfield and it was clear that his mind was more focussed on the United game than the league.
But will that be the case in May and would the fans accept it if Mancini did the same for the Spurs game but won the Cup? It would help matters if Spurs lost a couple of games and gave us a little breathing space. Hopefully Arsenal will do us a favour when the visit White Hart Lane on Wednesday.
Obviously we would like to both finish fourth and win the Cup, but if it had to be one or the other, which one would you prefer?
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville
- Kevin De Bruyne returns to start in cup final
- Manchester City out of the European Super League
- Man City fans hang anti-ESL banners outside the Etihad
- David Bernstein ‘ashamed’ with City for supporting European Super League
- Kevin De Bruyne ruled out of Aston Villa clash
- ‘Are you ready Mbappe?’ – Phil Foden sends risky tweet
- Guardiola lauds his side for ‘building history’ after City beat Dortmund