Today, the FA confirmed they will investigate Gary Neville’s one fingered gesture towards Carlos Tevez after the Argentine equalised for City in Tuesday’s derby at Eastlands.
TV Cameras caught the United defender making the gesture while Carlos made his own, perfectly acceptable gesture towards his former teammate after Neville claimed the Argentine was not worth the money and United were right to get rid of him.
Now it is time for the FA to act. Following September’s derby at Old Trafford, Neville received was only cautioned after running to the City supporters to celebrate United’s last minute winner against the blues but Emmanuel Adebayor later received a suspended ban for a similar action against Arsenal.
The FA must move to stop this kind of behaviour from so called professional footballers. Footballers are revered these days, particularly amongst children so it is quite shocking to see Neville behaving in this manner. If the FA again fail to act, it will send the wrong message and open the doors for over players to act in a similar way.
Whatever action the FA take, it is sure to rile Ferguson and his crew so it can only be good for the game.
- Wanda Metropolitano Tensions to Keep Manchester City on Their Toes Ahead of FA Cup weekend
- Manchester City April 2022 Preview: Liverpool doubleheader & UCL quarter-finals highlighting high-octane month
- Pep Guardiola Deems Everton Win ‘Important’ as Man City Survive VAR Drama
- Manchester City vs Brentford: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Southampton vs Manchester City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups