Manchester City are planning to move for Villarreal center back Pau Torres in the summer.
Speaking on his Here We Go podcast, Italian transfer mogul Fabrizio Romano revealed :
” Manchester City, next summer, [plan] to go for a center-back and we have a new name that Manchester City are considering and are following, so we can add this name to the list for Manchester City. The name is Pau Torres from Villarreal. He’s 23, he’s a good center-back, a good young talent, he has good quality and this is perfect for the Guardiola style of football.
“He’s so appreciated by Guardiola himself, because Pep is looking at Spanish football always and he knows he’s one of the most talented center-backs in Spanish football”.
Romano also revealed that Torres has a release clause of around €50 million which rises up to €65 million in the last 10 days of the transfer window.
His stats make it clear that Torres would fit well at Man City.
City were very poor defensively last season. The club have tried to rectify it. The additions of center backs Nathan Ake and Ruben Dias are a welcome step in this direction.
The presence of Ake and Dias coupled with Aymeric Laporte can make up the backbone of City’s defense for years to come.
Though, with the futures of Eric Garcia and John Stones still not certain, there is a possibility of City adding a new defender into their ranks next season.
Manchester City will be challenged by bitter rivals Manchester United for Pau Torres’s signature.
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Wanda Metropolitano Tensions to Keep Manchester City on Their Toes Ahead of FA Cup weekend
- Manchester City April 2022 Preview: Liverpool doubleheader & UCL quarter-finals highlighting high-octane month
- Pep Guardiola Deems Everton Win ‘Important’ as Man City Survive VAR Drama
- Manchester City vs Brentford: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups