Place of Birth: Berlin
Former Clubs: Hertha Berlin 2006 – 2007 (34 appearances, 1 goal)
SV Hamburger 2007 – 2010 (73 appearances no goals)
International: Germany Under 21’s (15 appearances, 1 goal)
Germany Senior (3 appearances, no goals)
Jerome Boateng is the younger brother of Portsmouth star Kevin-Prince Boateng. Born to a Ghanaian father and German mother, both Boateng brothers were eligible to play for Ghana or Germany. Kevin-Prince opted for Ghana but Jerome decided on Germany and will line up against each other at the World Cup finals in 2010.
He made his Bundesliga debut for Hertha Berlin against Hannover 96 and became a first team regular at just 18 years old. He moved to Hamburg in August 2007 for a reported fee of 1.1m Euros.
Boateng made his international debut for Germany’s senior team in October 2009 against Russia, but was sent off in the second half for a second bookable offence.
- Man City monitoring £20m rated Salzburg striker
- Pep Guardiola heaps praise on Man City ace Ferran Torres
- Pep Guardiola takes a swipe at Man City critics
- Man City monitoring 4 time UCL winning Spanish midfielder
- City urged to sign ex striker by former player
- Kompany believes Lukas Nmecha is a complete striker
- Bernardo Silva would love to see Kylian Mbappe at Manchester City
- Sergio Aguero could be out for a month with injury
- Guardiola confirms Man City considered signing a striker this summer
- Man City loanee just can’t stop scoring