City’s UEFA Cup campaign hit a bump in the road yesterday in stoppage time but yet the club remains in great shape to advance after next week’s home leg. As is typical City came out away from home in anemic fashion alowing the Danish side to control the game early. But a fluke goal thanks to a goalkeeping error allowed Nedum Onuaha to give the Blues a 1-0 lead.
The match lacked a proper flow in the Danish winter, and Robinho showed his poor away form time and again squandering a number of chances to put City ahead 3-1 late in the match. But a late Martin Vingard goal sent the Blues home drawn level at two, but boasting two away goals entering the home leg.
Having achieved a meaningful result away from Eastland despite being badly outplayed, the club now heads to Anfield and a chance to really snap the road doldrums.
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Bayern Munich vs Manchester City – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Manchester City in April: Next six Premier League fixtures
- Arsenal vs Manchester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Manchester City vs Arsenal Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups