Manchester City midfielder Fernandinho may return to Brazil after his contract at the club comes to an end.
According to the Sun, Fernandinho may be eyeing a return to his homeland Brazil or the MLS after this season.
The Manchester City captain is still keen to carry on playing football. He may have a lot of offers from the MLS and several clubs in Brazil.
This could also mean that he keeps his ties with City intact as their sister club New York City FC may be one of the clubs interested in the defensive midfielder.
Fernandinho signed a one year contract extension this summer to carry on at the club. He triggered a clause which sets of an automatic 1 year extension by playing 70% of games last season.
However, sources close to club claim Fernandinho is ready to call time on his illustrious Manchester City career.
Fernandinho may be joined by Sergio Aguero in the departure’s list next season. The Argentine legend is also in the last year of his contract and the current status of his future is uncertain.
Fernandinho’s departure would be a huge loss for the club. He still remains one of the big influence in the dressing room. He has been one of Pep Guardiola’s most trusted players.
His departure would also mean that Man City would have a new captain next season.
- How Manchester City will fare in the 2023-24 Champions League
- Manchester City enquire about Florian Wirtz after Kevin de Bruyne injury
- Man City in July: Three pre-season friendlies as Guardiola looks to build on their success last term
- Will Erling Haaland stay long enough to beat Sergio Aguero’s record at Man City?
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups