Manchester City captain Fernandinho is still dreaming of achieving European glory with the club.
Speaking after clinching the top spot after a goalless draw against Porto, he said:
“I think it’s important to have dreams in life. We live every day with dreams and things we want to achieve, we go to bed with those dreams and goals in our head”.
“It’s important to keep dreaming. Obviously, for me it would be really good to win the Champions League.”
Manchester City have been knocking on the door of Europe’s elite for the past few seasons. There have been many a years when City were believed to be close to the Champions League trophy.
Somehow, despite favorable draws, City have always found a way to mess it up.
This may potentially be Fernandinho’s last chance to ever win a Champions league trophy.
The midfielder is in the last year of his contract at Manchester City. Many close to him state he may not renew. After this season, he may return to his homeland.
Manchester City are unbeaten in UCL this season. Pep Guardiola and City would be finally hoping to put their European nightmares behind them and take a firm step forward towards the trophy.
- Southampton vs Manchester City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Manchester City at the front of the queue to sign Erling Haaland
- Man City growing increasingly confident of tying Raheem Sterling down to new contract
- Manchester City’s 5 biggest moments in 2021
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera