Manchester City winger Ferran Torres is disappointed with the fixture congestion this season.
The Spanish international believes that the decision to fill a season’s worth of fixtures in under eight months has had a major impact on the fitness of players across Europe.
He said: “That is something that is not in my power, but it is true that there are many games and very followed and it can harm us.
“I am young, but there are people who can find it difficult to recover, even for me. It’s f***** up because it can lead to injuries.”
Several top clubs are struggling with injury crisis right now and it will be interesting to see how things develop during the festive period when the fixtures start to pile up even further.
The likes of Liverpool are without several key players and Manchester City have been without the likes of Sergio Aguero and Fernandinho as well.
Recently Pep Guardiola also complained about the fixture congestion and the scheduling of games.
It is evident that the players are struggling to recover in time for the hectic schedule and the authorities must take steps to protect the elite talents in the game.
Furthermore, the Premier league’s decision to scrap the five substitutions rule has further angered the managers. Having the option of bringing on five new players during a game would have allowed clubs to keep their squad fresh but the Premier League are not keen on the rule.
Other major European leagues have allowed their teams to go ahead with five substitutions for the time being and that has helped clubs rest their players.
- Guardiola warns his City stars not to get complacent
- Guardiola praises West Ham as City win again
- Guardiola killed my confidence says RB Leipzig defender Angelino
- Bernardo Silva lauds ‘Amazing’ Joao Cancelo after Champions League display vs Monchengladbach
- Pep Guardiola praises City’s resurgent star after Everton victory
- Three Man City players with a point to prove against Tottenham Hotspur
- Pep Guardiola set to reward John Stones with new contract after the Englishman’s impressive season
- Gabriel Jesus reveals plans to return to Brazil in the future
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Manchester City
- Manchester City lining up Erling Braut Haaland as Sergio Aguero’s replacement