Manchester City striker Gabriel Jesus is set to double his wages with a new contract extension.
According to the Daily Star, the club are ready to offer him an improved terms worth £150,000-a-week.
This would nearly double the striker’s salary.
The contract renewals of nearly all of Man City’s top players is the club’s next step in their Guardiola 2.0 plan. Having secured Guardiola’s signature, the club are now after the signatures of most of their star players.
Top players such as Kevin De Bruyne, Raheem Sterling and Phil Foden are all in line for extensions.
Gabriel Jesus is set to play a very important role in Man City’s future. If Sergio Aguero leaves next year, Jesus would be the de-facto first choice striker.
The Brazilian has always been the subject of criticisms during his stay at the club. Despite Aguero’s long absences due to a set of injuries, Jesus has failed to show the consistency needed to nail down a starting spot.
Gabriel Jesus and the rest of his team mates endured disappointment when Manchester City lost to Tottenham 2-0 in London. This defeat leaves City in the 11th place, 8 points adrift of the leaders Tottenham and with a goal difference of -1.
- How Manchester City will fare in the 2023-24 Champions League
- Manchester City enquire about Florian Wirtz after Kevin de Bruyne injury
- Man City in July: Three pre-season friendlies as Guardiola looks to build on their success last term
- Will Erling Haaland stay long enough to beat Sergio Aguero’s record at Man City?
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups