Manchester City striker Gabriel Jesus is set to double his wages with a new contract extension.
According to the Daily Star, the club are ready to offer him an improved terms worth £150,000-a-week.
This would nearly double the striker’s salary.
The contract renewals of nearly all of Man City’s top players is the club’s next step in their Guardiola 2.0 plan. Having secured Guardiola’s signature, the club are now after the signatures of most of their star players.
Top players such as Kevin De Bruyne, Raheem Sterling and Phil Foden are all in line for extensions.
Gabriel Jesus is set to play a very important role in Man City’s future. If Sergio Aguero leaves next year, Jesus would be the de-facto first choice striker.
The Brazilian has always been the subject of criticisms during his stay at the club. Despite Aguero’s long absences due to a set of injuries, Jesus has failed to show the consistency needed to nail down a starting spot.
Gabriel Jesus and the rest of his team mates endured disappointment when Manchester City lost to Tottenham 2-0 in London. This defeat leaves City in the 11th place, 8 points adrift of the leaders Tottenham and with a goal difference of -1.
- Olympiakos manager praises Ederson – He has great qualities
- Olympiakos manager confident of upsetting Man City
- City receive transfer boost as Isco would like to try another league
- Guardiola slams City’s grueling schedule – ‘Every season is a disadvantage’
- Pep Guardiola : I have a feeling we will do really well in UCL this season
- City were all set to complete a move for Frenkie De Jong before Barcelona came calling
- Pundit claims City’s move for Grealish would be a “kick in the teeth” for Phil Foden
- City are set to offer Lionel Messi MLS transfer and ambassadorial role as part of 10-year plan
- Nathan Ake to return to training by the end of the week
- Eric Garcia to be the priority for Barcelona in the January transfer window – overtakes Memphis Depay for the top spot