Manchester City striker Gabriel Jesus rejected Inter Milan to move to The Etihad.
This was revealed by his agent Sabatino Durante.
“He could have come to Inter, but Roberto Mancini didn’t call him. That’s why he chose Man City. Inter were very interested, but I told the Nerazzurri to ask Mancini to call him…”
“Inter didn’t do it, unlike Man City , with Pep Guardiola calling him and convincing him to join Manchester City”.
According to Sabatino, Jesus and his entourage snubbed Inter Milan because the manager of Inter Milan at that time, Roberto Mancini, did not call the young Brazilian.
As they say, One man’s loss is another man’s gain. Mancini’s refusal to call Jesus handed Man City a gem. It can also be considered a gift by the manager to one of his previous clubs.
Roberto Mancini managed Man City from 2009-2013. He led Manchester City to their first ever Premier League title.
Gabriel Jesus has been an influential player for City since his arrival from Palmeiras. He may be City’s first choice striker next season if Sergio Aguero leaves the club.
Gabriel Jesus joined Manchester City from Palmeiras for a fee close to £27 million.
- Southampton vs Manchester City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Manchester City at the front of the queue to sign Erling Haaland
- Man City growing increasingly confident of tying Raheem Sterling down to new contract
- Manchester City’s 5 biggest moments in 2021
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera