Arsenal legend Gilberto Silva has backed his fellow countryman Gabriel Jesus to be Manchester City’s main man.
He said: “I hope Gabriel Jesus is the main man for Man City.”
“For me, he looks very mature now. When I see him play, he seems a lot more mature in his game. He’s got power, he’s got the strength to hold up the ball for his teammates and he’s got the ability to run at defenders”.
“He can score with his right foot, left foot, his head. It’s all up to him. Gabriel Jesus is working with one of the best managers in world football. He needs to learn as much as he can from Pep Guardiola and the players around him”.
“He needs to improve in every training session, in every game and in every year. He has high standards and he’s at a massive club to achieve things. I hope he can sustain this level because right now he certainly has the ability to be Man City’s main striker after Sergio Aguero.”
Gabriel Jesus is City’s next in line if Sergio Aguero leaves the club next season. Aguero is in the last year of his contract and may leave Man City.
Gabriel Jesus has had a stop-start life at City since his arrival in 2016. He has been constantly criticized for missing easy chances and not taking his opportunities when Aguero is sidelined.
Gabriel Jesus will be back in action when Manchester City play Fulham in the Premier league on Saturday.
- Preview: Copenhagen vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Huddersfield Town –Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Club World Cup final: Manchester City vs Fluminense Preview, Prediction & Team News
- Preview: Urawa Red Diamonds vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups