There seems to be an endless amount of names being linked to City and here’s another one to add: Simon Kjaer.
Palermo’s 21 year old Danish defender is apparently being touted by both City and United and the club’s president, Maurizio Zamparini, claims to have had contact with both Manchester clubs as to the defender’s availability.
“I have had requests from United and City,” Zamparini confirmed and although the club do not want to sell Kjaer, Zamparini hinted that they may be tempted to sell if the price was right. “There are still differences between what we want and what they are offering.” Roughly translated if you give us more you can have him.
United were favourites to sign the Dane but manager Sir Alex Ferguson has ruled out breaking the bank for signings this summer, probably because of the amount of debt the club are in. What is it now? £700m against the club and £1.1b against the owners in total?
Anyway, I don’t know much about Kjaer but at 21, he has already made 9 appearances for the Danish national side and started his career at FC Midtjylland, the team that beat City at Eastlands in the first leg of the UEFA Cup during the 2008/09 season. He moved to Palermo in 2008 where he has made 62 appearances, scoring 5 goals.
I wonder how many more names will be linked before the transfer window closes?
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville
- Kevin De Bruyne returns to start in cup final
- Manchester City out of the European Super League
- Man City fans hang anti-ESL banners outside the Etihad
- David Bernstein ‘ashamed’ with City for supporting European Super League
- Kevin De Bruyne ruled out of Aston Villa clash
- ‘Are you ready Mbappe?’ – Phil Foden sends risky tweet
- Guardiola lauds his side for ‘building history’ after City beat Dortmund