City’s hopes of claiming fourth spot in the league were boosted by Arsenal and Wolves on a good night of Premiership football.
City sat level on points with Liverpool in fourth place and their 1-0 defeat at Arsenal means the blues are still level but with two games in hand while Wolves also helped the blues out by beating Spurs 1-0.
Had the Londoners won in the Black Country, they would have leapfrogged both City and Liverpool and be sitting two points clear in fourth. As it stands, the blues will go three clear of Liverpool if they beat Stoke at the Britannia Stadium next Tuesday and could go even further clear of Liverpool should they pick up three points against The Merseysiders at Eastlands a week on Saturday.
Aston Villa could have usurped all three clubs but were held to a 1-1 draw at home to United, who closed the gap on Chelsea to just one point after the leaders were beaten 2-1 at Everton.
- Wanda Metropolitano Tensions to Keep Manchester City on Their Toes Ahead of FA Cup weekend
- Manchester City April 2022 Preview: Liverpool doubleheader & UCL quarter-finals highlighting high-octane month
- Pep Guardiola Deems Everton Win ‘Important’ as Man City Survive VAR Drama
- Manchester City vs Brentford: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Southampton vs Manchester City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups