Man City boss Pep Guardiola explained his only regret from City’s comfortable 2-0 win against Fulham.
He said: “The finishing was wasteful. We know we have to improve this, but it’s important to keep creating the chances. In the last 20 minutes we lost too many simple balls, which is a problem. We have to do the simple things better. That is the next step”.
Ever the perfectionist, Guardiola has urged his side not to miss too many chances in any other match.
Manchester City could have scored 3-4 more goals if they hadn’t come face to face with an inspired Alphonso Areola. The Fulham goalkeeper was the only thing stopping this match from turning into a bloodbath for Fulham.
Areola denied Sterling 2-3 times after his opener and then made a fantastic save when De Bruyne was through on goal.
City are starting to get back on track after a sluggish start to the season. They are temporarily 4th on the table for now.
Guardiola’s men would have to keep churning these performances every week if they want to have any chance of winning the league.
- Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Three Manchester City misfits heading towards summer exits
- Manchester City Transfer News Latest – Kalvin Phillips IN; Jesus & Sterling OUT
- Manchester City Transfer News Latest – Guardiola Targeting Two Premier League Defenders
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups