Man City boss Pep Guardiola explained his only regret from City’s comfortable 2-0 win against Fulham.
He said: “The finishing was wasteful. We know we have to improve this, but it’s important to keep creating the chances. In the last 20 minutes we lost too many simple balls, which is a problem. We have to do the simple things better. That is the next step”.
Ever the perfectionist, Guardiola has urged his side not to miss too many chances in any other match.
Manchester City could have scored 3-4 more goals if they hadn’t come face to face with an inspired Alphonso Areola. The Fulham goalkeeper was the only thing stopping this match from turning into a bloodbath for Fulham.
Areola denied Sterling 2-3 times after his opener and then made a fantastic save when De Bruyne was through on goal.
City are starting to get back on track after a sluggish start to the season. They are temporarily 4th on the table for now.
Guardiola’s men would have to keep churning these performances every week if they want to have any chance of winning the league.
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville