Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola excluded positivity before City’s clash against Marseille today in the UEFA Champions League.
He said: “Our recent results have been good. I’ve seen improvements over the past few weeks, which is normal given the preparations we’ve had. My players are looking fitter all the time and I really believe we can do something good this season.”
There has been a new vigor about Pep Guardiola and by extension Man City after the Spaniard extended his contract at the club.
City’s current run of form is a good sign after a sluggish start to the season. The Citizens will have to make up for lost ground if they want to catch up to Tottenham and remain in the hunt for the Premier League this season.
The league is looking tight for the moment but there may emerge a new leader after the festive run of fixtures may. City do not want to be caught out if they do.
City are expected to rotate their squad and rest their important players before the Manchester derby on Saturday. Zack Steffen will get his UEFA debut and there are 4 academy players in the squad.
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville