Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has laid down the roadmap for City’s clash against Porto in the Uefa Champions league.
Speaking tactics in the pre match conference, he said:
“It doesn’t matter if they play four at the back as usual or five as they did here. The way they play, the transitions, the set pieces, the commitment defensively when we break the lines.”
“We live that experience here, it was a good victory. It doesn’t matter their shape or formation. It’s part of their culture and we have to adapt, impose our game, and get the result we need for the knockout stages.”
Seeing Guardiola function for the past 4 years at City, there is no doubt he would get deep into the finer details of Porto’s play by play.
Pep is known for his meticulous planning and brilliant tactics. He learned his football under a legendary figure Johan Cruyff at Barcelona. He continued it in the first team at the Catalan club and subsequently in Germany and England.
Man City would naturally be expected to be their best version when they play Porto. The Citizens are showing signs of getting in their groove and a memorable victory in Portugal would no doubt send a message to all of their competitors across Europe.
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
- Match Review: Manchester City 1-0 Brighton Hove Albion
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton Hove Albion
- The revival of John Stones at Manchester City
- Guardiola offers Aguero update after the Argentine is forced to self-isolate
- City Football Group name Club Bolivar as first Partner Club
- Guardiola personally contacts Real Madrid superstar asking him to join Manchester City
- City make a formal approach for David Alaba
- Man City face a tough battle against Southampton at the St. Mary’s
- Here is why Man City should move for Lautaro Martinez