Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola opened up on his side’s goal scoring troubles after a goalless draw against Man United.
He also talked about missing star striker Sergio Aguero.
He said: “We miss Sergio but for the last six months, not just today, he was injured a lot of times. One step at a time, he still isn’t fit”.
“Other players are working hard. Today he had a problem in his stomach and couldn’t make a session. He was at home”.
“Of course, we miss Sergio, he is the best striker in Manchester City’s history”.
“In the next short time, we will go without him and I am sure when he is fit, he will be back.”
Sergio Aguero missed the Manchester derby due to sickness.
The Argentine has been absent for much of City’s season till now. He was carrying an injury into the start of the new season and was injured again against west Ham two games into his comeback.
This recurrence of his old injury problems sent him to the sidelines for 2 more months.
City have been struggling to score in his absence. They have only scored 17 goals in 11 games this Premier league season, half of where they were in the previous campaign.
In what may be his last season with the club, Sergio Aguero will have to inspire his team with goals if Man City want to have any chance of winning the Premier League this season.
- How Manchester City will fare in the 2023-24 Champions League
- Manchester City enquire about Florian Wirtz after Kevin de Bruyne injury
- Man City in July: Three pre-season friendlies as Guardiola looks to build on their success last term
- Will Erling Haaland stay long enough to beat Sergio Aguero’s record at Man City?
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups