Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola, has confirmed that Sergio Aguero will miss Wednesday’s match against Brighton Hove Albion.
Manchester City’s record goal scorer was due to make his long-awaited return from injury against Birmingham in the FA Cup on Sunday.
However, Aguero, was forced to self-isolate after coming into contact with a positive Covid-19 case.
Under current quarantine rules, Aguero will miss Manchester City’s trip to the Amex Stadium.
Manchester City will also be without injured centre-backs, Aymeric Laporte and Nathan Ake.
Guardiola said in his press conference today on the subject of Aguero, “He’s in quarantine, isolating. The rules, I think, means after nine or 10 days he will be back.
“Laporte is injured and Nathan is injured and Eric Garcia and Cole Palmer are also isolating.”
Manchester City face Brighton Hove Albion at 18:00 on Wednesday, when they will be looking to extend their 13-match unbeaten run.
- Three Manchester City misfits heading towards summer exits
- Manchester City Transfer News Latest – Kalvin Phillips IN; Jesus & Sterling OUT
- Manchester City Transfer News Latest – Guardiola Targeting Two Premier League Defenders
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Wanda Metropolitano Tensions to Keep Manchester City on Their Toes Ahead of FA Cup weekend