Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola, has confirmed that Sergio Aguero will miss Wednesday’s match against Brighton Hove Albion.
Manchester City’s record goal scorer was due to make his long-awaited return from injury against Birmingham in the FA Cup on Sunday.
However, Aguero, was forced to self-isolate after coming into contact with a positive Covid-19 case.
Under current quarantine rules, Aguero will miss Manchester City’s trip to the Amex Stadium.
Manchester City will also be without injured centre-backs, Aymeric Laporte and Nathan Ake.
Guardiola said in his press conference today on the subject of Aguero, “He’s in quarantine, isolating. The rules, I think, means after nine or 10 days he will be back.
“Laporte is injured and Nathan is injured and Eric Garcia and Cole Palmer are also isolating.”
Manchester City face Brighton Hove Albion at 18:00 on Wednesday, when they will be looking to extend their 13-match unbeaten run.
- Guardiola killed my confidence says RB Leipzig defender Angelino
- Bernardo Silva lauds ‘Amazing’ Joao Cancelo after Champions League display vs Monchengladbach
- Pep Guardiola praises City’s resurgent star after Everton victory
- Three Man City players with a point to prove against Tottenham Hotspur
- Pep Guardiola set to reward John Stones with new contract after the Englishman’s impressive season
- Gabriel Jesus reveals plans to return to Brazil in the future
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Manchester City
- Manchester City lining up Erling Braut Haaland as Sergio Aguero’s replacement
- Joao Cancelo: from an expensive reserve to an integral cog in Guardiola’s Manchester City machine
- City youngster Jayden Braaf completes loan deal to Udinese for the rest of the season