Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has put down any idea of resting his players in any fixture.
Speaking after City’s 5-0 against Burnley, he said:
“It’s not about rest here. I saw Kevin a little bit exhausted mentally, that’s true. But right now I see the players who are in the better conditions or more focused”.
“If the players think they have been rested because I am rotating, they have made a big mistake. Every game I pick the best players, sometimes for the benefit of the team, sometimes because of injuries, but especially the players who play well”.
“It doesn’t matter if you win a lot of titles in the past or you score a lot of goals – you have to show it on the patch, in the recent past, in the present and especially in the future.”
Talking about City’s upcoming game against Porto, Guardiola stressed that nobody in the squad should take it as a good sign if they are not in the lineup of any fixture.
Man City would like to carry forward their form against Porto. City have already qualified for the knockout stages of this year’s competition. City would face Porto with a chance to make it 5 out of 5 wins.
- Three Manchester City misfits heading towards summer exits
- Manchester City Transfer News Latest – Kalvin Phillips IN; Jesus & Sterling OUT
- Manchester City Transfer News Latest – Guardiola Targeting Two Premier League Defenders
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Wanda Metropolitano Tensions to Keep Manchester City on Their Toes Ahead of FA Cup weekend