Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has put down any idea of resting his players in any fixture.
Speaking after City’s 5-0 against Burnley, he said:
“It’s not about rest here. I saw Kevin a little bit exhausted mentally, that’s true. But right now I see the players who are in the better conditions or more focused”.
“If the players think they have been rested because I am rotating, they have made a big mistake. Every game I pick the best players, sometimes for the benefit of the team, sometimes because of injuries, but especially the players who play well”.
“It doesn’t matter if you win a lot of titles in the past or you score a lot of goals – you have to show it on the patch, in the recent past, in the present and especially in the future.”
Talking about City’s upcoming game against Porto, Guardiola stressed that nobody in the squad should take it as a good sign if they are not in the lineup of any fixture.
Man City would like to carry forward their form against Porto. City have already qualified for the knockout stages of this year’s competition. City would face Porto with a chance to make it 5 out of 5 wins.
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
- Match Review: Manchester City 1-0 Brighton Hove Albion
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton Hove Albion
- The revival of John Stones at Manchester City
- Guardiola offers Aguero update after the Argentine is forced to self-isolate
- City Football Group name Club Bolivar as first Partner Club
- Guardiola personally contacts Real Madrid superstar asking him to join Manchester City
- City make a formal approach for David Alaba
- Man City face a tough battle against Southampton at the St. Mary’s
- Here is why Man City should move for Lautaro Martinez