Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has ruled out any new signings in the January transfer window.
Speaking on the Club’s official website, he said:
“No, not at all. I have a fantastic team to fight for all the titles”
Guardiola denied that he is looking to add reinforcements to his already brilliant team.
City’s sluggish start to this season has lead many to believe that they will look to add more firepower to this team. The team’s inability to score goals and the lack of creativity in the final third of the pitch has increased the clamor for a new striker.
Manchester City have been linked to top players who may be available in January. Players such as David Alaba and Lionel Messi have complex contract situations at their respective clubs which may see them leave in the winter.
The recurring injuries and an ending contract of star striker Sergio Aguero has also seen Man City being linked with several promising strikers.
With no new additions in January, this Manchester City team will have to drastically improve their performance if they want to have any chance of regaining their lost Premier League title.
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
- Match Review: Manchester City 1-0 Brighton Hove Albion
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton Hove Albion
- The revival of John Stones at Manchester City
- Guardiola offers Aguero update after the Argentine is forced to self-isolate
- City Football Group name Club Bolivar as first Partner Club
- Guardiola personally contacts Real Madrid superstar asking him to join Manchester City
- City make a formal approach for David Alaba
- Man City face a tough battle against Southampton at the St. Mary’s
- Here is why Man City should move for Lautaro Martinez