Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has slammed his club’s grueling schedule.
Speaking before City’s UCL game against Olympiakos, he said:
“Every season is a disadvantage with the rest of the leagues, this league. Not just in this special year – last season and this season for the Covid-19, for that we’ve had to adapt”.
“But even when the situation is normal, no winter breaks, a lot of games, a lot of competitions, intensity, the weather condition, the pitches – many, many things. That is attractive, this is the challenge”.
Guardiola believes that the lack of a winter break and a tight fixture list already makes it harder for Premier League clubs to win the Champions League.
The continuous injuries to important players is not helping the matters either. Manchester City will finally have a full squad by next week.
Pep has spoken out many times before regarding the lack of rest for players. Fellow managers Jurgen Klopp and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer have also talked about this issue.
Manchester City just need a point to qualify for their 8th successive appearance on the knockout stages. They will also be motivated to maintain their perfect European record this season.
- Manchester City vs Arsenal Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups
- Man City in December 2022: Key Fixtures & TV Schedule
- Manchester City Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Manchester City v Liverpool – Carabao Cup Fourth Round Draw – News & Predictions
- Man City must contend with Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea this season