Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola opened up on City’s round of 16 draw against Borussia Monchengladbach.
Speaking about this, he said: “I learned when I was in Germany how big and important and historic they are as a team. It is a club that I respect a lot, the quality and beauty of their football”.
“To go through in a group with Shakhtar, Inter and Real with two exceptional games against Shakhtar. The only concern I have is arrive in the best condition possibly in February against them. I saw the highlights, I didn’t see much of them properly and we start to work on this from now on”.
City will face Monchengladbach in the two legs of the round of 16 tie in the UEFA Champions League.
City have had the experience of playing Gladbach before. City were in the group stages against them twice in 2015/16 and 2016/17.
Guardiola and his men would be hoping to bury their past experiences before they get on the quest for their first ever Champions league trophy again.
City’s record in Europe’s knockout stages have been one shock result after another. City would be hoping to avoid that when they travel to Germany.
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Crystal Palace
- Match Review: Manchester City 1-0 Brighton Hove Albion
- Match Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton Hove Albion
- The revival of John Stones at Manchester City
- Guardiola offers Aguero update after the Argentine is forced to self-isolate
- City Football Group name Club Bolivar as first Partner Club
- Guardiola personally contacts Real Madrid superstar asking him to join Manchester City
- City make a formal approach for David Alaba
- Man City face a tough battle against Southampton at the St. Mary’s
- Here is why Man City should move for Lautaro Martinez