Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola wants the club to move for Aston Villa skipper Jack Grealish.
According to the Independent, Guardiola has identified Grealish as a top target for his planned rebuild.
Potential signings were a large part of the conversation when Guardiola sat down with the club officials for contract renewal talks. A number of players were discussed. The top names were Jack Grealish and Harry Kane.
Pep Guardiola also discussed Jack Grealish with Man City superstar Kevin De Bruyne. De Bruyne was full of praise for the English playmaker and wants City to look at him seriously.
The Catalan is a huge admirer of Grealish. He sees Grealish as a highly buyable player who can also restore a spark to City’s play. He may even be the successor to Club legend David Silva.
City are going to have to spend a large sum of money if they want to secure Grealish’s signature. Man United were scared off by Villa’s £70 million price tag last summer.
Due to his contract renewal before the start of this season, Jack Grealish could cost Manchester City a fee close to £100 million.
- Wanda Metropolitano Tensions to Keep Manchester City on Their Toes Ahead of FA Cup weekend
- Manchester City April 2022 Preview: Liverpool doubleheader & UCL quarter-finals highlighting high-octane month
- Pep Guardiola Deems Everton Win ‘Important’ as Man City Survive VAR Drama
- Manchester City vs Brentford: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Southampton vs Manchester City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups