Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has played down any talk of a derby advantage over Man United.
Speaking after City’s win against Fulham, he said: “I’m pretty sure it’s a derby and we will focus and commit and this means the players are not tired, completely the opposite.”
“We are in a good moment right now, I would say”.
“We are better than one month ago but that is normal. Without preparation, without time, it’s normal what happened”.
“What’s important is that we are not far away from the top of the league and already qualified for the next round of the Champions League. This is important. Now we want to continue being there.”
Manchester City are finally looking towards getting back into their normal groove. They have shown signs of promise against Burnley and Fulham but there is still a long way to go.
Pep Guardiola will be able to rotate his squad against Marseille and rest his big players before Saturday’s big clash. City may have a full squad to choose from against United, with Sergio Aguero supposed to return to training this week.
United are a point and a place above City in the Premier League table. City will have to beat United if they want to have any chance of trying to get into the top 3 by the end of this year.
- Manchester City Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Manchester City v Liverpool – Carabao Cup Fourth Round Draw – News & Predictions
- Man City must contend with Arsenal, Tottenham and Chelsea this season
- Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Three Manchester City misfits heading towards summer exits