Spurs boss Harry Redknapp has conceded it is only a matter of time before the blues win the Premiership and says it could even be this season.
The former Portsmouth and Southampton boss, whose side pipped City to fourth last season said “Manchester City will be a massive factor in the title race this season. They will eventually win the championship, whether it is this year, next year or the year after. And there is every chance it will be this season.”
But Redknapp also rated his own side’s chances of challenging for the title, claiming they would win it if they went out and bought four top name players. “If I went out now and brought in the four players I wanted from anywhere, we would win the title.”
Redknapp has turned Spurs into genuine top four contenders and believes they can improve on last season’s fourth place finish. “You have to aim to win the title. Somebody has got to do it. It can’t all just be Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool”
Redknapp’s side will face the blues on the opening day of the season at White Hart Lane and, with a kick off time of 1245, will be the first game of the new Premiership season.
- Preview: Copenhagen vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Huddersfield Town –Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Club World Cup final: Manchester City vs Fluminense Preview, Prediction & Team News
- Preview: Urawa Red Diamonds vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups