City keeper Joe Hart will earn his second cap as England take on Mexico on Monday evening.
Hart has made one appearance for the senior side but manager Fabio Capello has confirmed Hart will get 45 minutes against the Mexicans. Capello has indicated he will use an ‘experimental’ line up for Monday’s game and Hart will line up alongside team-mate Adam Johnson, who is also expected to start.
“Johnson is one player who is really good,” says Capello. “He has improved a lot and is a really, really good player.” The City winger is expected to make the plane to South Africa and an impressive performance on his England debut should be enough to book his ticket.
- Guardiola warns his City stars not to get complacent
- Guardiola praises West Ham as City win again
- Guardiola killed my confidence says RB Leipzig defender Angelino
- Bernardo Silva lauds ‘Amazing’ Joao Cancelo after Champions League display vs Monchengladbach
- Pep Guardiola praises City’s resurgent star after Everton victory
- Three Man City players with a point to prove against Tottenham Hotspur
- Pep Guardiola set to reward John Stones with new contract after the Englishman’s impressive season
- Gabriel Jesus reveals plans to return to Brazil in the future
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Manchester City
- Manchester City lining up Erling Braut Haaland as Sergio Aguero’s replacement