Newcastle at home has always been a welcome affair and City will be hoping to continue a good run of form against the Toon at Eastlands on Sunday.
City have lost just one of eleven Premier League games played at Eastlands, an Alan Shearer goal giving Newcastle their only win at City in the current format of the top flight. But that defeat came in September 2000 and the blues have gone on to win five out of seven games subsequent games.
In total, City have won 38 out of 74 games played at home, while Newcastle have won just 16. In terms of goals, City have smashed 131 past the various Newcastle defences, while the visiting supporters have sheered 77 goals in return.
It has been four years since Newcastle left Eastlands with a point, gained via a 0-0 draw in November 2006.
City’s biggest win against Newcastle at home has been 5-1, achieved on three occasions in 1975, 1959 and 1932
Newcastle’s biggest win at City was 4-1 in 1905, although they did win an FA Cup 3rd round replay 5-4 at Maine Road in January 1957.
The highest recorded home attendance for a match against Newcastle is 60,884 for an FA Cup replay in 1969. City win 2-0
The lowest attendance came in October 1893, when 3,000 supporters crammed into City’s Hyde Road stadium to watch Newcastle win 3-2
Don’t forget to find us on Facebooka nd follow ManCityBlog on Twitter
- Preview: Copenhagen vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Huddersfield Town –Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Club World Cup final: Manchester City vs Fluminense Preview, Prediction & Team News
- Preview: Urawa Red Diamonds vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups