City target James Milner has stated he is only concentrating on England at the moment but admits he doesn’t know where he will be next season.
Milner was the subject of a £20m bid from the blues on Wednesday that was immediately rejected by Villa and the midfielder said he was ‘flattered’ to be linked with other clubs but is just ‘concentrating on England.’
“There are always going to be rumours about every player in every club when the transfer window opens,” says Milner. “To be linked with any clubs is flattering but I’m just concentrating on England at this time.”
Milner, who has two years of his current contract remaining, is due to hold talks with Villa but stated “Do I expect to be at Villa next season? I don’t know. I’ve worked as hard as I can and concentrated on club football while the season has been on.”
Although Villa rejected City’s initial offer, the Midlands club will be bracing themselves for another bid from the blues, while United and Chelsea are lining up in the wings and may be ready to make bids of their own.
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Wanda Metropolitano Tensions to Keep Manchester City on Their Toes Ahead of FA Cup weekend
- Manchester City April 2022 Preview: Liverpool doubleheader & UCL quarter-finals highlighting high-octane month
- Pep Guardiola Deems Everton Win ‘Important’ as Man City Survive VAR Drama
- Manchester City vs Brentford: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups