City target James Milner has stated he is only concentrating on England at the moment but admits he doesn’t know where he will be next season.
Milner was the subject of a £20m bid from the blues on Wednesday that was immediately rejected by Villa and the midfielder said he was ‘flattered’ to be linked with other clubs but is just ‘concentrating on England.’
“There are always going to be rumours about every player in every club when the transfer window opens,” says Milner. “To be linked with any clubs is flattering but I’m just concentrating on England at this time.”
Milner, who has two years of his current contract remaining, is due to hold talks with Villa but stated “Do I expect to be at Villa next season? I don’t know. I’ve worked as hard as I can and concentrated on club football while the season has been on.”
Although Villa rejected City’s initial offer, the Midlands club will be bracing themselves for another bid from the blues, while United and Chelsea are lining up in the wings and may be ready to make bids of their own.
- Preview: Manchester City vs Chelsea – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Bayern Munich vs Manchester City – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Manchester City in April: Next six Premier League fixtures
- Arsenal vs Manchester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Manchester City vs Arsenal Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups