The long, drawn out and quite frankly boring saga of Mario Balotelli could be nearing its end with a move to the blues, according to The Telegraph.
But the paper doesn’t actually specify that the Italian striker is ready to join the blues yet, but rather focuses on the relationship between the striker and former and present managers. The 19 year old fell out of favour with former boss Jose Mourinho and new manager Rafa Benitez is apparently resigned to losing the youngster.
City’s former Inter manager Roberto Mancini has made no secret of his admiration for Balotelli and has said that, if Inter decided to sell, City would be there, adding fuel to the flames that the striker will be the latest addition to City’s expensive squad which has already seen Jerome Boateng, Yaya Toure and David Silva join, with the arrival of Lazio full back Aleksander Kolarov also imminent.
Balotelli made his name at Inter under Mancini and the odds of a move to Eastlands must be stacked in City’s favour. I just wish they could get something sorted soon as this saga is getting worse than the Twilight series, although not as boring.
What do you think? Should City sign Balotelli? Is there a better alternative? Send us your thoughts.
- Wanda Metropolitano Tensions to Keep Manchester City on Their Toes Ahead of FA Cup weekend
- Manchester City April 2022 Preview: Liverpool doubleheader & UCL quarter-finals highlighting high-octane month
- Pep Guardiola Deems Everton Win ‘Important’ as Man City Survive VAR Drama
- Manchester City vs Brentford: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Southampton vs Manchester City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups