The long, drawn out and quite frankly boring saga of Mario Balotelli could be nearing its end with a move to the blues, according to The Telegraph.
But the paper doesn’t actually specify that the Italian striker is ready to join the blues yet, but rather focuses on the relationship between the striker and former and present managers. The 19 year old fell out of favour with former boss Jose Mourinho and new manager Rafa Benitez is apparently resigned to losing the youngster.
City’s former Inter manager Roberto Mancini has made no secret of his admiration for Balotelli and has said that, if Inter decided to sell, City would be there, adding fuel to the flames that the striker will be the latest addition to City’s expensive squad which has already seen Jerome Boateng, Yaya Toure and David Silva join, with the arrival of Lazio full back Aleksander Kolarov also imminent.
Balotelli made his name at Inter under Mancini and the odds of a move to Eastlands must be stacked in City’s favour. I just wish they could get something sorted soon as this saga is getting worse than the Twilight series, although not as boring.
What do you think? Should City sign Balotelli? Is there a better alternative? Send us your thoughts.
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville
- Kevin De Bruyne returns to start in cup final
- Manchester City out of the European Super League
- Man City fans hang anti-ESL banners outside the Etihad
- David Bernstein ‘ashamed’ with City for supporting European Super League
- Kevin De Bruyne ruled out of Aston Villa clash
- ‘Are you ready Mbappe?’ – Phil Foden sends risky tweet
- Guardiola lauds his side for ‘building history’ after City beat Dortmund