City face a stern Italian test in the group stage of the Europa League as they were drawn in the same group as Juventus.
The blues, who easily won their play off tie against Romanians Timisoara, will also face Austrian side FC Salzburg and Polish side Lech
Juventus were one of Fulham’s victims as the Londoners powered their way to last season’s final, overcoming a 3-1 deficit from Turin to win 4-1 at Craven Cottage and the blues will be hoping to make it a miserable return for the Italians, while Salzburg is probably only known for being the birthplace of Mozart. I must admit, I know absolutely nothing about Lech apart from the fact that it’s in Poland.
Elsewhere in the draw Liverpool, the only other remaining British side in the competition, will face also face Italian opposition in Napoli, while Romanian side Steaua Bucharest and Celtic’s conquerors FC Utrecht.
What do you think of the draw? Could it have been worse? Let us know your thoughts
- City urged to sign ex striker by former player
- Kompany believes Lukas Nmecha is a complete striker
- Bernardo Silva would love to see Kylian Mbappe at Manchester City
- Sergio Aguero could be out for a month with injury
- Guardiola confirms Man City considered signing a striker this summer
- Man City loanee just can’t stop scoring
- Club chiefs monitoring Leipzig manager Julian Nagelsmann
- Man City winger denies quotes linking him to PSG
- Sergio Aguero would be willing to apologise to Sian Massey-Ellis
- Angelino opens up on his struggles at Manchester City