City face a stern Italian test in the group stage of the Europa League as they were drawn in the same group as Juventus.
The blues, who easily won their play off tie against Romanians Timisoara, will also face Austrian side FC Salzburg and Polish side Lech
Juventus were one of Fulham’s victims as the Londoners powered their way to last season’s final, overcoming a 3-1 deficit from Turin to win 4-1 at Craven Cottage and the blues will be hoping to make it a miserable return for the Italians, while Salzburg is probably only known for being the birthplace of Mozart. I must admit, I know absolutely nothing about Lech apart from the fact that it’s in Poland.
Elsewhere in the draw Liverpool, the only other remaining British side in the competition, will face also face Italian opposition in Napoli, while Romanian side Steaua Bucharest and Celtic’s conquerors FC Utrecht.
What do you think of the draw? Could it have been worse? Let us know your thoughts
- Preview: Copenhagen vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Huddersfield Town –Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Club World Cup final: Manchester City vs Fluminense Preview, Prediction & Team News
- Preview: Urawa Red Diamonds vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups