Jerome Boateng has completed his move to City from Hamburg, becoming manager Roberto Mancini’s third signing since taking over the City hot seat.
The German international was in Manchester on Saturday to agree terms before flying out to South Africa to link up with the rest of the German national squad and will officially become a City player on 1st July.
“He is a young player who is already of a very high quality,” Mancini said following the signing. “He can play a number of positions in defence, which is important.”
The defender has signed a five year deal with City and becomes the third star to join from Hamburg following the previous arrivals of Vincent Kompany and Nigel de Jong.
Boateng can play at left back or at the heart of City’s defence and at 6’3”, Boateng will provide some much needed height in the City back line. The fee for Boateng is undisclosed but I rumoured to be around the £11m mark.
- Preview: Copenhagen vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Huddersfield Town –Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Club World Cup final: Manchester City vs Fluminense Preview, Prediction & Team News
- Preview: Urawa Red Diamonds vs Manchester City – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Liverpool – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups