Manchester City center back John Stones has hit the ground after returning to the starting lineup.
Continuing his partnership with Ruben Dias, Stones put up an excellent display as City romped to a 5-0 win against Burnley in the Premier League.
The English International played the whole 90 minutes for City. He had 108 touches of the ball and completed 96 passes with an accuracy of 97%. He also made 7 crucial clearances and 1 interception. He won 5 aerial duels against a strong Burnley side. His astute defending helped City keep a clean sheet.
Stones was also eager to get involved in the build up play. While City had possession, Stones was keen to bring the ball out of the defense and ensure a quick transition. He also had 6 accurate long balls in his account.
Stones’s outstanding performances are a welcome break for Pep Guardiola. The Spanish manager now has one more name to call on besides Dias and Aymeric Laporte.
Guardiola was quick to praise the star in the press conference, saying:
I’m especially happy for John because he’s a special guy for me. We arrive together here and have spent all the time together. He was injured and had personal issues but is now settled again and with more confident performances like the other day he’ll have chances to show his quality in this team”.
- Southampton vs Manchester City: Premier League Preview, H2H & Predicted Line-ups
- Manchester City at the front of the queue to sign Erling Haaland
- Man City growing increasingly confident of tying Raheem Sterling down to new contract
- Manchester City’s 5 biggest moments in 2021
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera