Former Manchester City star Joleon Lescott says United will be scared of the sight of Sergio Aguero sitting on Man City’s bench.
Speaking about this, he said: “He’ll definitely be keen to play a part”.
“He’s one of the top derby goal scorers — him and Wayne Rooney”.
“And if you see him on the bench, the team sheet, it’ll be in the back of your mind — knowing he can come on”.
“He enjoys scoring and he’d want to come and do just that”.
“If it’s 2-0 and it’s comfortable and he comes on, he still wants a goal”.
“So United are going to have to be at it and aware.”
Sergio Aguero is back in the team after a 2 month injury layoff. He suffered from a recurrence of a previous injury against West Ham.
Aguero’s absence has cost Man City dearly. City are struggling to score domestically.
The Argentine showed what City were missing when he came on against Marseille. Aguero showed quick instincts to poke home a loose ball to double City’s advantage.
Pep Guardiola has already announced that Aguero will be on the bench. Seeing how tight these matches have been on previous occasions. Aguero could prove to be a decisive factor when he comes on as a substitute.
- West Ham United looking to sign Manchester City’s Yangel Herrera
- Pep Guardiola – mastermind behind Man City’s rise to Premier League prominence
- Kylian Mbappe on the bench for PSG
- ‘What a man, I am in love as a person’ – Guardiola on Aguero
- Guardiola may be the ‘greatest manager of all time’ – Neville