City have signed Sunderland keeper Marton Fulop on an emergency loan for the final three games of the season.
The blues asked the Premier League for special dispensation after Shay Given’s shoulder injury left the Ireland keeper out for the remainder of the season and City without a recognised keeper.
City had been hopeful of securing Joe Hart’s early return from Birmingham, but the two clubs had to agree a deal first before being ratified by the Premier League. However, Birmingham were determined to hold onto Hart and the blues moved to secure Fulop’s services.
Fulop, who had fallen down the Sunderland pecking order, should join the blues for training tomorrow and be in line for his City debut against Aston Villa on Saturday, with Saturday’s stand-in Gunnar Neilson providing back-up. He has made 14 appearances for Sunderland this season and has 20 international caps for Hungary.
- Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Three Manchester City misfits heading towards summer exits
- Manchester City Transfer News Latest – Kalvin Phillips IN; Jesus & Sterling OUT
- Manchester City Transfer News Latest – Guardiola Targeting Two Premier League Defenders
- Manchester City vs Aston Villa Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups